One “Mumbai Local Train Tourist Ticket” is enough for exploring Mumbai for visitors and tourists for 5 days straight, isn’t that great!!!
If you ask me it’s a steal, the deals just great.
Travelling through Mumbai local train is cheap anyhow but this tourist ticket gives you so much flexibility. Well, now the question is who is this ticket exactly for and what is the fare (cost), well this blog post will answer all your questions.
Okay, so what can you do with this tourist ticket?
Mumbai local train tourist ticket is a single ticket that will allow you to travel across all the lines namely the Western, Central and Harbor for multiple days without the troubles of waiting in the queue and wasting your precious travel time. How many days? 1, 3 and 5. The ticket will be valid for the given period of time. You can choose whichever of the three that is suitable for you.
Mumbai Local Train Tourist Ticket for unlimited travel in Mumbai Suburban section of Central and Western Railways are available at all suburban stations
Highlights of the Tourist Ticket
- You can do multiple journeys at a cheaper rate.
- Tickets can be taken for 1, 3 or 5 days.
- Passengers can travel for an unlimited amount of time from any station to any station on the suburban section of Western railway and Central railway during the ticket validity period.
- You can purchase the ticket 3 days in advance.
- Available for both First class and Second class.
- Ticket valid up to the midnight of the last day of validity.
- No concessions on these tickets.
- No refunds on unused/partially used tourist tickets. However, tourist tickets booked in advance can be canceled before the day of validity on which charges, at the rate of Rs. 15 for Second class and Rs. 30 for First class per passenger will be deducted.
So I think you all have a bit of an idea of what this new Mumbai local tourist ticket is all about the rules and all but what is the cost? Well, if you have ever travelled through Mumbai before, travelling via Mumbai local train is the cheapest and the fastest way to go around Mumbai. And when I say cheap it is seriously cheap.
TOURIST TICKET FARE 2019 (Mumbai Local Train)
The Western Railways twitter handle gave this great news via their official twitter handle
But who is this tourist ticket for?
- If you are from Mumbai, to be honest, this ticket is not much of a use to you. But if you are super crazy and want to travel across Mumbai just exploring the city with your camera ( like me) then the 1-day ticket of the second class is just awesome.
- Someone from village or friends from out of town are coming to visit you and you have to take them on tour across Mumbai you can take the 1 or 3-day ticket.
- If you are from abroad say any foreign country visiting India and you have a day or a 2 or maybe a week to explore just take the 5 day ticket so that you won’t have to have the trouble of figuring which ticket to take to go to some destination just take this ticket and travel anywhere across Mumbai. Okay, so First class or Second? Depends on you. Want to experience the crowds of Mumbai local train? Go for second class. Want to go relaxed? take first-class that’s totally on to you.
IF YOU ARE NOT FROM MUMBAI OR INDIA AND YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS JUST CLEAR THEM OF AT ONCE DURING TAKING THE TICKET OR AT THE INQUIRY WINDOW.
If you have any doubts you can put them down in the comments I’ll be happy to answer them.